It is finally Friday! I'm doing my Friday Freeze Dance!!!! Speaking of the favorite freeze dance, have you tried the extended freeze dance. I press the pause button to extend the freeze time. (This is purely for my enjoyment to watch, give it a try!)
1. My eggs are incubating, we are on day 4 of 28ish. I can not wait for this weekend when I should be able to candle them to see how they are doing. I have to turn them 3 times a day, so it is a good thing I live close to school. Next week, I will have pics of what is going on inside!
2. We have had so much fun in class guessing what will hatch from the eggs. You can see from the list below, we started with a long list of possibilities! We have learned about the eggs of all these animals by reading and researching. Today we have narrowed down our possibilities to a chicken, duck or a turkey. (They are really ducks.)
3. What time is it? This week we were learning about measurement. Unfortunately, our current math series doesn't include time. However, our standardized test and Common Core does. Here is a quick assessment I am using, grab it free here. It is a Friday Freebie!
4. We are celebrating poetry month. I love Ook the Book! I read it to the class, then we tried out hand at writing a poem as a class. Then, the kids tried their own hand at it! They amazed me with their poetry, they love it. Now in their free time, they are writing poetry too!
5. Ready for a crazy week coming up! Next week is FCAT week. (If you are a Florida teacher or parent, that just sent a shiver up your spine!) Even though my firsties don't take it, our daily schedule is changed for the week. My kiddos don't do well when their routines are changed. In addition, both of my girls take the test this year! We also don't do outside recess during this time so that the upper grades have the quietest possible testing environment I need indoor recess idea!!! Please share in the comments below!