It seems the day before Halloween stores were putting out the Christmas stuff. What happened to Thanksgiving? Has it been swallowed up by the holiday rush? With Christmas comes Christmas Craziness with the kiddos. (This has already started in my classroom.)
This weekend I noticed the big toy books are out! This Sunday's paper had a toy wish book from Target and Toys R Us. (Quick go grab it out of the recycling bin! You can get copies from the store too.)
Everyone knows how much children love making an unending wish list. Making lists is one of the reasons we write, so why not add this to your writing center! Students will LOVE this! You can even take their list and narrow it down to an item or two and expand the lesson into a persuasive writing lesson.
Here is the list paper my students will be using. Click here to download your copy.
Now that I have shared my little helpful hint, please share yours with us!
Link up an join in the fun! Share a helpful hint that has worked for you and let others learn from your success! Here are the rules so please play along the right way:
1. Each Wednesday I will have a post with a linky at the bottom for you to link your helpful hint for all the world to see! It will be open for 1 day only each week.
2. Please include the "Helpful Hints on Hump Day" graphic in your post and link back to this post.
3. Your link must be to a blog post. NO STORE LINKS PLEASE!
4. If you don't have a blog but would like to share a helpful hint, please do so in the comments!
5. Please visit at least 2 blogs If you find it helpful, please be sure to let them know! Leave a comment or follow them! We will share the love, meet some new friends in the process, and learn something new! Happy Hump Day!